Wednesday 15 June 2011

Aww, shucks!!

Well gee whiz, what a wonderful thing to see when I logged on this morning- I've been given my very first blog award!!

It was given to me by the very lovely Kitty at Kitty's Vintage & Kitsch, go check her out now if you haven't already! Her blog is full of lots of vintage goodies!
So, a huge THANK YOU to her for making my day, it was too sweet of you :)
Also, another thank you and a big "howdy!" to my new subscribers! I'll be stopping by all of you soon! 

Now it's up to me to pass the Liebster on to someone else, and that would be the blog of Doo Wop Dolly! She's just so darling, and her blogs are full of photos of her outfits and outings.So, here ya go, lady, you deserve it!


Now after all of the excitement, I must admit that I'm feeling quite under the weather today. I called in sick to work, and dread the wait at the doctors' office this afternoon, ughh!

Switching back to a higher note (am I throwing you all off balance?!), my fiance got us an authentic diner table for the apartment, woohooo!!!

This photo was the one JP sent me when it was still in the display window. I just adore it. So now comes the trouble of finding chairs to match! I've toyed with the idea the past few days of reupholstering a pair of these:

I just don't know, do they seem a bit too mod to you?? I can't make up my mind.

Oh, and as mentioned in my previous blog, I went to a glorious little town called Orono, about 45 minutes east of the town I live in. My mother had gone with a friend the weekend prior and said we had to go, so we did!
The main street downtown (which I believe is called Main St -heehee!-  as with most small towns) had about 30 or 40 shops along it, with half of them being antique stores, and two large markets!
I wish I had taken a camera with me, some of the buildings were so lovely.
Our first stop was a small one that sells antique trinkets and used clothing. I spotted this decanter and shot glass bar set for only $10!

In the same shop, I also bought this lovely candy dish??.. or is it vanity glasswear?.. If someone thinks they know, tell me! either way, it's being used for bobby pins at the moment:

Now, the smaller glasswear, I saw in the shop and loved it, it's so darling! But with it being our first stop, I held back to take a mosey around the other stores first. By the end of the visit, we were walking back to the car when the woman from that shop came running out saying she wanted to give me something. And that was it!! Can you believe that, how kind can someone be to give you something that they were selling in their shop?!
I tried to refuse but she insisted, stating that it would be my first wedding gift! (*we got to small talking, when my ring came up in conversation)

There truly are some kind people out there, whether they be giving you blog recognition, or giving you something from their own store.
When things like this happen, I like the idea of giving back. It's good karma all around :)

Until tomorrow, guys!
Lucky xo

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award.ove the chairs.I think they will be cute.I think the vanity jars can be used as anything.I love finding things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Kitty! Congrats on the blog award.

    I love that diner table, it is lovely. And the bar set is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award.That table is so cute and I think the chairs would work well with it.
    Love the bits you got and wasnt you lucky what a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your mod chairs would look GREAT with that fabulous table! I love diner tables! I've been on the hunt for a rectangular one with a leaf (to seat 6-8) for my kitchen and the only place I saw one was in Las Vegas :( Couldn't afford to ship it, but at least I know they're out there!

    I also love the barware, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the congrats, ladies!!
    I think I'll give DIY upholstering a try.. hmmm.. that should be entertaining.

    Elemental Mercury- I've seen quite a handful of diner tables like that! They tend to range between $75-$150 when I find them. Try Craigslist and Ebay Classifieds, you can check your region specifically that way. Shipping a table?? Cha-chiing!
    Good luck on the hunt! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete