Monday 13 June 2011

Thrift store finds!

Aloha, time for my second post!

I hope I haven't already bored everyone to death, anyhow! Well.. actually, 'everyone' consists of the 2 followers I have so far. So, howdy! And of course, thank you :)

This past Saturday, my sister and I headed to Bowmanville to visit a St. Vincent De Paul thrift store. The previous weekend, my mother and I had crossed by it on our way back from Orono (ooh, another thrifting blog on that to come!), and a few things caught my eye whilst staring in the window.
So, somehow I managed to drag my poor sis along, God love her (she's not the thrifting type by any means).

It was a fairly short lived visit, but during our 20 minute shop I managed to find a couple of little things. And also encountered some unsavory folk.. who I always seem to attract.. hmm..

So Saturday happened to be the 50% off shoes and accessories day! Hurray!!
First off, I came across these here..





This adorable pair of green and white flower inspired clip earrings, and this mocha marbled lucite bangle to accompany the stack I found last weekend.

Also...

These two pairs of unworn Hanes seamless (boo!) stockings in their original boxes, so cute!! Can you believe last weekend I saw a stocking box from the 1930's selling for 40!?!! Ouch.. no stockings included, either!

And last but not least...

This darling little pair of La Vallee stacked heel sandals in amaaazing condition. I could almost swear they've never been worn. The elastic at the strap is like new.. damn the tiny feet of mid-century women! I'd bind my feet to squeeze into some of those shoes.

So for all of this, my grand total came to $12.50!! Not too shabby, not too shabby at all!

The only things that ruined this little excursion were the creeps yelling with poor grammar at the sales associate to open the jewelry case because it was "stuck|" (ahem, locked), and the rude assistant manager who insisted she couldn't disclose the next weeks sale items because they "cannot and will not tell anyone", when I didn't even ask! Sheesh lady, it's Saturday, have a mojito and calm down..

That was pretty much the highlight of my weekend, aside from having some fun/whiskey infused girl time that evening.

Happy Monday, guys!!

Lucky xo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lucky I found you thru Kitty she mentioned your blog and here I am cant wait to share treasure hunts with you via blogging xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless the folks that work at thrift stores, because they are helping those who need it, but I have to tell you, they tend to hire some funky people. :) Love the bangles! Welcome to blogland! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks Nelly!! Ooh, how I love checking out everyones' goodies, I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Elemental Mercury, I totally agree... Sometimes I try to remind myself that the employees probably deal with a lot of strange people, they're likely biased! Can't blame them for that I suppose!

    PS. Anyone know how I can reply to comments individually, like as a comment attachment? I'm so new.. ;)

    ReplyDelete