Tuesday 23 August 2011

Outfit post numero uno

Alohaaaaa!!
I am NOT dead. Isn't that exciting news?! Although I have no excuse for my slacking in the blog department. Ugh... this was one thing I told myself I was going to actually stick to. So, ladies.. ahem, I PLEDGE to stay true to my blog from here on out!
Just pretend I wrote this in blood. And hold me to it!

So, wonderful news as far as my American visa goes- we're getting sooo close, I an hardly wait! I just have to go a get some visa photos taken before I send off some of my final paperwork before the... (Jaws music)... INTERVIIIEWWW!
Am I worthy of being an American? It's up to my likely bitter consular officer to decide!
I found a wedding dress for our city hall ceremony, on sale, too! I seem to be pretty darn good at finding a bargain, if I do say so myself. It's white, simple, subtle and sexy. That's all I can say, because my fiance reads this thing! So, sorry ladies, you'll have to wait for the photos!
I have a confession to make... a couple of weeks ago, I broke a BIG rule for brides everywhere. I tried on dresses when I already bought mine! And we're talking real wedding dresses...

THAT thing made my Mom and my sister cry.
It was $1200.
Take all of the advice that you're given- avoid trying on dresses when you already have one.
I ended up confused and frustrated and in tears by the end of the day, and I was not wearing waterproof mascara. It wasn't pretty! And all of this because my sister and I went to look for bridesmaid dresses.
But after having the sense talked back into me by my girlfriends, I realized just how perfect the dress is that I already have. This one, as beautiful as it is, just isn't me.
It's 1950's vintage, fits like a glove, and cost me $75. A total steal! (For those who don't know, I'm having a city hall ceremony, and then a 'real' wedding in Vegas next April, so we fall in line with our visa timeline so I'm  not deported!)
And you won't see THAT dress until next April! Eeeeeeeeee!!!- I can't wait!!!

On a different note, I've decided that I'm going to start doing outfit posts. I love these so much on others' blogs, it really gives you a sense of who the person is behind the writing. It seems fun, also, and hopefully you guys can appreciate my style. Because for those who dress vintage, or repro vintage every day, you can get a few raised eyebrows!
So, here's what I wore to work today.

Today, my entire outfit is actually from my place of work, H&M. Occasionally we get some great vintage inspired pieces, and if they're well priced I try to get what I can.
Aaand I'll throw in a photo of day 2 of a terribly sagging roller set for the heck of it..

The skirt costs $29.95 for customers, and the lace detailed tank top only $10. Pretty good price for an outfit! And no, they didn't pay me to say that, haha. However, they did pay me to clean up a little girls' pee on Friday afternoon. Ahh.. a day in the life of a retail sales associate! Jealous?
Actually, I bought that outfit one day during my shift, because the zipper broke on one of my favourite vintage dresses!! I mean right down to the butt. I guess it's just a risk you take with 60 year old clothing!
Well, I'll wrap this up now, I hope you guys believe me when I say I'm totally going to stay on the ball with this. You have my permission to leave me nasty notes if I don't!!
Hope you're all having a lovely week! :)
Lucky xo

4 comments:

  1. Oh you look lovely! Your outfit is very pretty :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice to hear from you, young lady! Yep go the outfit posts, people love 'em. Personally I hate repro, but then I'm a snob about things like that, plus I sell the real thing so ho hum no surprise hey! Nice to see a close-up of you, and stay away from those meringue dresses in future, look how they've managed to upset you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your not the only one who took an extra long break from blogging.I to have been doing the same thing.So excited for you about your visa almost done.I to am nervous about the iterview.They want to know every detail of you both.Can't wait to see your dress.Me and hubby got married at the court house in wilmington NC.lol.I also got my dress not from a bridal shop.Love that skirt and your hair looks lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your hair! It's just perfect. You'll have to do a hair tutorial!

    ReplyDelete